2011 Emmys Beauty BreakdownMonday, September 19, 2011
Celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis paired Lea Michele’s red Marchesa with “classic, beautiful makeup.” This translated into defined eyes, luminous skin and super-long lashes. Young, cool and modern was the look for the “Glee” star.
* Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector
* Absolue Radiant Smoothing Powder
* YSL Blush Radiance #1
* Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Kissed by Gold
* Artliner in Aubergine
* Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara in So Black!
* L’Absolu Rouge Lipcolor in Coquette
Celebrity makeup artist Angela Levin prepped Dianna’s skin with CHANEL Sublimage Eye Cream, CHANEL Hydramax Active Moisture Gel Cream, and Jan Marini Age Intervention Prime Face Primer. Then, she applied CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige Tendre to even out her skin. To play up Dianna’s blue dress and green hazel eyes, Angela emphasized the eyes. She lined the eyes using CHANEL Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Mirifique and CHANEL Stylo Yeux Waterproof Longlasting Eyeliner in Ebène. Then, she used the dark grey and the black shades in the CHANEL Quadra Eye Shadow in Smoky Eyes all over the lids, followed by Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Midnight Blue on the lids and under the lower lash line. The brows were perfected with CHANEL Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Brun Naturel and the lashes were finished with CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir. To complete the look, Angela used CHANEL Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Rose Ecrin on the cheeks, followed by Kevin Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Minimal, CHANEL Rouge Double Intensité Ultra Wear Lip Colour in Rose Morganite, and CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Canotier.
Jenny Cho, Suave Professionals Celebrity Stylist gives Dianna Agron a graceful, romantic up-do. “My inspiration for Dianna was the classic Grace Kelly. I wanted a hint of wave around her face to give her that elegance. Dianna recently cut her hair into a shaggy bob, but anything is possible when you have the right products” says Cho.
1. Mist Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost Spray all over and layer on Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream for a polished finish. The spray is great for creating texture to give hair some grit. Create a side part and blow dry with a small round brush.
2. With a medium-sized curling iron, curl the heavy side vertically and pin to cool. Spray each section with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray.
3. Spray Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo on the rest of the hair. Take a 1 1/2 inch section in the back and make a ponytail. Tease the ends and pin away.
4. Tease the crown area and gently brush to create a bump. Mist a little hairspray and incorporate the ends into the bun and pin. Pull the sides into the bun as well.
5. Once cool, unpin curls and with a small Mason Pearson brush, lightly brush out the curls, creating a soft bend. All you want is a little lift and softness around the front. Mist the whole shape with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray for an all-night hold.
We had so much fun creating Jenna’s major ponytail for the 2011 Emmy Awards the look was certainly inspired by her dramatic gown. When we were testing it out we kept going higher and higher until we got the perfect drama, she was loving all of that height and hair! To re-create this dramatic pony you want to start by getting your hair smooth, for this I recommend applying a small amount of the Suave Professionals Anti-Frizz cream and blowdrying in sections. Once your hair is smoothed out lay your head back and begin brushing from the top of the ears up to get the ponytail really high. When you have it in the right spot secure with an hair color matching elastic (do not pull the ponytail tighter, this just messes it up) Now apply a very small amount of Suave Professionals Mens Wet the Look Gel to the sides and back and use a comb to incorporate the fly aways, the drama of this look is all in the finishing. Finally spray the length of the ponytail with the Vibrant Shine Spray with press with a hot flat iron to finish. If you need some extra length or fullness attach an extension (that matches your color) with a few bobby pins at the base. There is a certain fun energy you have when you can swing your hair back and forth, Jenna had fun with it at the Emmys and when you try this look so will you!