Everything We Know So Far....Friday, November 18, 2011
The Role You Were Born to Play is the fifth episode of Glee's fourth season, and the seventy-f...
The Role You Were Born to Play is the fifth episode of Glee's fourth season, and the seventy-first episode overall. This episode is set to premiere on November 8th, 2012, after a five-week hiatus. The episode will be directed by Brad Falchuk. and Written by Michael Hitchcock Filming began on September 6th 2012.
- With auditions for the school’s musical in full swing, not all the gleeks are eager to participate; while some see getting cast as a shot at acceptance, others have less altruistic goals. Meanwhile, an unlikely advisor helps Will and Emma work through a rough patch in their relationship, the arrival of student Ryder Lynn proves to be a game-changer for several members of New Directions past and present, Sue finds a new narrow-minded cause to champion, and four finalists face off for the lead roles as the cast for “Grease” is announced.
- The school production is going to be Grease, with multiple contenders for the roles of Sandy and Danny.
- The musical Grease will be in this episode and Glease.
- Mercedes will be back for this episode and Glease.
Mike and Tina:
- Mike will also be back for this episode and Glease.
- Harry Shum Jr. says that when Mike resurfaces in Episode 5, “You’ll get a little more explanation on how that ended. ” As he notes, “It’s always difficult when you have a long distance relationship” – especially when one party appears to be faring just fine, if not better, during the separation. “Mike’s always been a straight-A student, so he is doing really well [at college], and I think that’s what’s difficult for them,” Shum ventures. “Tina doesn’t know how to really figure that out.”
- With Mike back in episode five, Tina will experience a bit of remorse when her ex-boyfriend returns to McKinley to help Artie. "You see them reunite and it's definitely harder for her than she thought," Ushkowitz teases, noting Mike will have an easier time handling their reunion. "He just said, 'This is what happened, and I'm going to come back and do my thing, and we're going to be civil and see each other, and that's it.' His return may push her back again." Adds Shum: "A lot of times things end and they come back together or they end for good. I'm more interested to see what's going to happen in the future; it shakes it up a bit."
Sugar and Artie:
- Sugar has a role in the musical. "She gets the most appropriate part for her character: kind of a joker, kind of a little outrageous." Vanessa Lengies says.
- Things heat up between Sugar and Artie again. "There's some sprinkle of Artie and Sugar coming back again." she says.
Emma and Beiste:
- Beiste will try to encourage Emma not go to Washington.
- Emma will teach Will the true meaning of love.
Finn and Ryder:
- Finn helps "McKinley newbie" Ryder get into New Directions.
- About his role on Glee, Blake Jenner had this to say, "It's pretty much my story kicked up a notch: I was an athlete in high school and I was a nice guy who was there for my friends and this character really embodies all of that," Jenner says, noting Ryder is an existing student at McKinley. In keeping with what Murphy previewed on Twitter, Ryder will indeed come complete with a potential love interest. "I do like someone, and you see that," he previews.
- They both sing Juke Box Hero.
- Ryder auditions for the school play by accident.
- Will wants Finn to take over New Directions.
- Ryder is a really great athlete but he is having trouble in his class work. He has dyslexia.
- Cory was filming on the McKinley set.
- Dot-Marie Jones has returned to filming and has filmed 2 scenes with Matthew and Jayma. (9/11)
- Cory filmed a scene which was described on Twitter as "A Step in a Different Direction for Mr Finn Hudson." (9/11).
- Lea filmed a scene a dancing scene NYADA (9/11).
- Harry Shum Jr. was at a dance rehearsal with the newer cast members (9/11).
- Melissa Benoist filmed a scene with Alex Newell (9/12).
- Amber Riley has return to filming and has filmed a scene with Cory, Kevin and Harry in the auditorium (9/12) .
- Melissa and Alex filmed a scene with Jane (9/13).
- Blake Jenner has had his first day of shooting (9/13)
- Lea filmed a scene with Amber today (9/14).
- Lea and Chris were filming on the McKinley set. (9/14)
- Cory and Dot filmed a scene together (9/18)
- Naya is filming on the McKinley set today (9/21)
- Cory Monteith is covering Foreigner’s “Juke Box Hero” alongside Glee Project Season 2 champ Blake Jenner, who’ll recur as McKinley newbie Ryder Lynn. “It was cool, because I felt like I was passing the torch in a sort of awesome way,” previews Monteith. “Ryder inadvertently auditions [for New Directions], and it turns into a fantasy in his head, which explodes into dancing girls, throngs of screaming women in the crowd, and he turns into the ‘Juke Box Hero.’ He’s on drums, and I’m on lead vocals. It’s epic.”
Born to Hand Jive from Grease. Sung by Marley, Jake, and Ryder.
Juke Box Hero by Foreigner. Sung by Finn and Ryder.
TBA by TBA. Sung by Rachel and TBA.
TBA by P!nk. Sung by TBA.
TBA by TBA. Sung by Kitty.
You're The One I Want from Grease. Sung by Marley.
Beauty School Dropout from Grease. Sung by Blaine and Sugar
- Cory, Darren and Chord were in the studio. (8/20)
- Chris and Jayma were in the studio. (8/27)
- Lea was in the studio. (8/27) However this could be for The Break-Up.
- Naya was in the studio. (8/29).
- Cory was in the studio. (8/31).
- Melissa, Jacob and Blake probably will sing Hand Jive from Grease
- Cory was in the studio (9/17) However it could be for either this episode or Grease
- Becca was most likely in the studio (9/14)
- Both Chord and Chris were in the studio (9/19) However it could be for either this episode or Grease.
- Cassandra July will be performing a Grease song. It is speculated to be this episode, but it is not yet confirmed.
"Glee: The Music Presents Glease" Album Art:
- Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury
- Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins
- Dot-Marie Jones as Shannon Beiste
- Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta
- Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart
- Alex Newell as Wade Adams
- Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose
- Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman
- Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn
- Becca Tobin as Kitty
4x07 DYNAMIC DUETS:
—The scene before the flashback to Blaine/Random Guy is of Blaine at his locker, taking down pictures of him and Kurt. Sam and him have a conversation where Sam points out Blaine has been beating himself up for weeks, ever since he and Kurt broke up. Then it’s the stuff segueing into the flashback that was posted earlier. Blaine tells Sam he cheated on the person he loves most in the world, and he also mentions he’s tried talking to Kurt, but Kurt isn’t speaking to him.—Warblers stuff: The Warblers steal ND’s Nationals trophy. There is a break-in staged at Dalton to get it back— presumably by Blaine. Sam may also be involved in that since apparently Chord was on the Dalton set the day they filmed that.
—Dynamic Duets is, as pretty much known, the Thanksgiving episode. Sam and Blaine are doing a canned food drive for the holiday. There was nothing to indicate that Sectionals is also in this episode, but it still could be and just not in the info available.
—Sam and Blaine do a duet to “Heroes” by David Bowie.
—Marley deals with some body issues this episode.
—Marley and Kitty appear to be friends. Kitty volunteers to buy Marley new clothes.
—Some dude named Phil makes a racist remark towards Jake.
—Ryder and Jake have interaction.
—Marley and Kitty sing Bonnie Tyler’s “Holding Out For A Hero” and during their performance, they bring out whips and start whipping people in the Glee club.
-Anonymous: is there anything about blaine going back to Dalton?It doesn’t look like Blaine makes an official decision one way or the other in episode 7.Dark Side is apparently a number with the Warblers, from what I understand.