"For Good" ranks as Broadway.com's Most Watched Clip of 2011Monday, January 02, 2012
Broadway.com readers (and editors!) love to see favorite stars perform in bite-size video clips. No wonder our "Watch It" items have become among the most-clicked-upon features on the site. As in 2010, a clip featuring Glee star Lea Michele topped our list of five favorite Watch Its, followed by morning show appearances for How to Succeed and Priscilla and two snippets from the 2011 Oscar telecast.
1. Wicked Great! Watch Glee’s Lea Michele and Chris Colfer Change 'For Good'
It’s the dream of aspiring actors and singers across the country: go to New York, hightail it to Times Square, break into a Broadway theater when no one is looking... (Wait, what?! Just go with it, people.) And belt out a showtune in the spotlight. While we're dreaming big, why not have Glee’s Rachel (Lea Michele) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) sing one of Broadway's most touching numbers? In the season finale of the hit show, New Directions’ biggest Wicked fans managed to sneak into the Gershwin Theatre and, with the help of a theater staffer who granted their wish like the Good Witch of the North, proceeded to light up the stage with their rendition of Elphaba and Glinda’s touching declaration of friendship, “For Good.” We’re not going to lie, we got a little misty (and appreciated their new take on the blocking!). We’re also glad Rachel and Kurt didn’t end up in jail for this.To see the others click read more..
2. How to Succeed Star Daniel Radcliffe Wakes Up The Today Show With ‘Brotherhood of Man’
3. Oscar Host Anne Hathaway Sings ‘On My Own’ to Hugh Jackman
4. Bette Midler and the Dancing Queens of Priscilla ‘Survive’ an Early Morning on Today
5. Oscar Night Highlight! Musical Versions of Harry Potter, Twilight, The Social Network and Toy Story 3