Glee Preview: 15 Highlights From Next Week’s Swoon-Worthy 'Yes/No' EpisodeThursday, January 12, 2012
Valentine’s Day is still a weeks away, but Glee’s already got a honey of a gift wrapped up and waiting for you — next week’s ultraromantic episode! How sweet is the hour, which focuses not just on Will’s proposal to Emma but on (almost) all of the show’s couples? Since one of us has seen it, let me count the ways…
- This nagging mystery is solved in first five minutes, and not in the way that I thought it would be. (And for once, I’m glad I was wrong!)
- Sam and Mercedes recount their months-long fling with a rousing rendition of “Summer Lovin’.”
- Michael Chiklis gets a shout-out from Sue. Ditto David Boreanaz. (The latter fares better than the former, but both are equally hilarious.)
- One couple elopes, and you’ll never guess which one. (Although, hey, you’re welcome to try. Hit the comments below… )
- Not only do we get to see Emma in a wedding gown, we get to see Sue and Bieste as her bridesmaids. One of their dresses is really pretty. The other two? Erm…
- We called it! A new triangle (sorta) takes shape between Becky, Artie and Sugar! In other Becky news, she has a scene with the kinder, gentler Sue that is probably my favorite ever.
- Finn gets some rather traumatic news about his [SPOILER] that will have serious implications on his future.
- Sue checks the chip on her shoulder long enough to play guidance counselor to Artie. And — shocker — the role suits her.
- NeNe Leaks’ cameo as Sam’s synchronized swimming coach isn’t the worst thing ever. In fact, she’s pretty funny. Upon meeting Sam for the first time, she sasses, “I’ve never seen lips like that on a while child.”
- Artie gives Will some advice on proposing to Emma, then schools his teacher with a seamless-sounding mash-up of “Moves Like Jagger” with “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.”
- Will chooses [spoiler] as his best man.
- Santana, Rachel, Mercedes and Tina sing “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” and flash back to meeting their respective sweethearts, Brittany, Finn, Sam and Mike. (Britanna fans, prepare to hit the rewind button a lot.)
- When Will asks Emma’s parents for permission to marry her, it goes about as well as it might have if he’d asked Sue if he could become a Cheerio. Later, he and Emma have an especially moving moment. (Jayma Mays nails it!)
- The episode climaxes with an amazeballs synchronized swimming number, with the whole gang performing Rihanna’s “We Found Love” in McKinley’s swimming pool as part of Will’s surprise proposal. It must’ve taken forever to shoot this thing, and you know what? It was worth it. It is ridiculously over the top. Unbelievably cheesy. Crazy romantic. And you’re gonna love every second of it. (I sure did.)
- And just when you think the episode is over, there’s an outta nowhere twist that will have [SPOILER] ‘shippers calling an emergency meeting!