EW's Tim Stack watches 3x12 'The Spanish Teacher' +10 Spoilery HighlightsFriday, February 03, 2012
- Matthew Morrison in a sombrero. As disturbing as it sounds. #glee
- Two minutes in…and hello Ricky Martin! Will takes spanish lessons from Ricky, whose character is named David Martinez. Swoon. #glee
- OMG. David was previously the top tooth model in the country. Genius. Also, Ricky is really good. #glee
- Oh dear. Sue is looking for a sperm donor! She wants to have a baby!
- “The good people of Kroger have been keeping a box of my championship ova cooling in their meat locker.” Sue #glee
- Sue and Will are battling it out for a tenure slot at McKinley #glee
- YES! Nene is back as Roz and has a face-off with Sue! I think Nene is actually taller than Jane. #glee
- New Directions song assignment is to do songs performed by someone Latin or from Latin-descent. Or bilingual artists. #glee
- Ricky’s first visit to the choir room makes EVERYONE swoon…even Artie. And cue “Sexy and I Know It!” #glee
- Mercedes and Sam go to see Emma for advice on how to handle their relationship. She gives them pamphlets that I won’t spoil. #glee
- Roz ripping into Sue’s plan to get pregnant IS AN EPIC SPEECH. I’M LAUGHING OUT LOUD IN MY OFFICE. #glee
- “Start praying you give birth to a child who likes to eat sand because that’s all that’s coming out of those old wrinkly boobs.” Roz #glee
- Roz had a three-way with a certain gold medal swimmer. Yep. #glee
- Rachel, Kurt, and Mercedes are Twi-hards and Mercedes relates to Bella having to choose between two guys. #glee
- Rachel tells Kurt and Mercedes about her engagement and they have fairly surprising reactions…#glee
- New Directions guys do a cover of Gypsy Kings’ “Bamboleo” with Sam on lead vocals. And they wear bolo ties! #glee
- And it just turned into a mash-up with Enrique Iglesias’ “Hero!” Sam singing directly to Mercedes! #glee
- Sue wants Will to father her child. Emma conveniently has a pamphlet that reads “Please Don’t Hog My Fiance’s Nog.” #glee
- Major brother-to-brother chat between Finn and Kurt about the future. Could Finn be rethinking the proposal? #glee
- Holy hotness. Ricky M. and Santana doing a duet of Madonna’s “La Isla Bonita.” Complete with a light show! #glee
- Will in a matador jacket. As awkward as it sounds. #glee
- Will’s doing a bilingual version of Elvis’ “A Little Less Conversation” with Brittney and Mike dressed as bulls. #glee
- Emma has a pamphlet called “Taint Misbehavin’.” I’ll let you all figure out what that involves. #glee
- Looks like we may be seeing a lot more of Ricky M. on “Glee!” He’s great on the show. #glee
Glee Preview: 10 Spoilery Highlights From Next Week's 'The Spanish Teacher'
Glee is singing a new tune — and in a different language — on next Tuesday’s episode, and we’ve got a sneak peek at all the fiesta-tivities. See who’s under fire — and who’s simply en fuego — when Ricky Martin dances his way into McKinley High.
1. Mr. Schue’s teaching abilities are called into question, and Principal Figgins warns him that he won’t get the open tenure spot unless his Spanish skills get bueno…rapido!
2. Sue decides she wants to have a child — and turns to the New Directions guys (!) and Mr. Schue for sperm donations. Naturally, Emma responds to Sue going after her fiancé’s genetic material with…a pamphlet.
3. Will starts taking Spanish classes at night with Dave Martinez (Ricky Martin). Not only does Martin go on to deliver the swoon-worthy version of “Sexy and I Know It” that TVLine debuted on Thursday, but he also cooks up an electric duet with Santana.
4. Roz Washington (NeNe Leakes) returns to coach the Cheerios on a new routine, and deliver some solid burns to Sue in the process. (Both Roz and Santana’s reactions to Sue’s baby aspirations are “with whosevagina?”) But does the synchronized swimming coach have a larger agenda?
5. Sam and Mercedes go to non-couples counseling with Emma about their kiss. Her solution? Communication cut-off for a full week. But does communication count when it’s in the form of a musical performance?
6. Rachel spills her proposal news to Mercedes and Kurt, but neither of her buddies hops aboard Team ‘Put a Ring on It.’ In fact, look for a brotherly heart-to-heart about the engagement between Kurt and Finn — even if it means Kurt has to break a promise to Rachel in bringing up the subject.
7. Mr. Martinez might make you sweat, but Mr. Schue is certain to make you cringe — in a performance where he dresses as a bullfighter and gets backup support from Mike and Brittany.
8. In a double shocker, we find that two unlikely sources tattled on Will (for poor teaching skills) and Sue (for poor coaching performance). Will is shocked by the news, while we discover Sue had already snuck into Figgins’ filing cabinet to uncover the identity of her accuser.
9. Mercedes and Sam hit another wall in their path to romance — and it’s shaped a lot like Shane.
10. The episode ends with a shocker about [SPOILER] and the future of McKinley High.